History

We hope to provide more information on the History of Harlaston soon.  Please contact us if you would like to contribute to these pages. 

In the meantime, there is some information on the history of Harlaston on the Wikipedia web site.


Listed Buildings 

Chapel, Haselour
Haselour Hall
Haselour House
Milepost, Haselour
Telephone Kiosk south of the church
Milepost, Main Road
The Homestead, Main Road
Manor House, Main Road
The Manor, Manor Lane
Dunimere Farmhouse, Portway Lane.


Other buildings of interest - Past and Present



Conservation Area 

To preserve its character, much of the village has been designated a conservation area.  Lichfield District Council's website has further information on the extent of this area.  Click here for further details.









"HARLASTON is a village, township, and chapelry, pleasantly seated on an eminence, on the south bank of the Mease, 4 miles N. of Tamworth, and 2½ miles W. of Clifton Campville. It has 218 inhabitants, and 1400 acres of land. The Rev. Thos. Levett, of Packington, and Mr. John Nevill, of Wigginton, are joint lords of the manor; but most of the soil belongs to several other proprietors, one of whom is Sir Francis Burdett, and another the Dowager Countess Chetwynd. The chapel is an ancient building, with a low wooden spire. The nave was rebuilt and new-pewed about six years ago. The curacy is annexed to the mother church." 

(William White (1834) History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Staffordshire and the City and County.)