Minutes of Meeting held 2 April 2009

MINUTES OF A MEETING OF HARLASTON PARISH COUNCIL

HELD IN THE VILLAGE HALL

ON THURSDAY APRIL 2nd 2009 AT 7:30PM


Present: Cllrs VE Tiso (Chairman), P Whitehouse, J Lamb, R Powell, A Herring
In attendance: Ms CA Gilbert (Clerk), six residents
Apologies: Cllrs P Timmis (Vice-Chairman), Mrs V Turner, County Cllr M Ellis, District Cllrs RP Bennion and Mrs E Fleetwood

Open Forum

Complaints concerning litter on the football pitch by the river, also on the playground. Chairman confirmed that ongoing checks would be done, especially with the Best Kept Village judging taking place soon.
Concern that the lack of footpath outside the Village Hall makes walking very difficult for pedestrians when only access to the hall is through main gate. Confirmed that action would be taken to ensure small gate would be opened for functions in future.

Declarations of Interest:

 None.

Minutes of the Meeting held on January 22nd 2009, 

previously circulated, were approved. It was proposed by Cllr Whitehouse, seconded by Cllr Herring and agreed that they be signed by the Chairman.

MATTERS ARISING

St Matthew’s Church Clock – quote in the sum of £600 received for the scaffolding which was agreed and accepted. Work to start on April 20th 2009.
Winterdyne Lane flooding – awaiting response from SCC Highways. Chairman has been informed that a solution will be implemented.
Churchside
White posts on boundary of open space are in a dilapidated condition. These will be replaced with similar as metal or wooden posts are viewed as a health and safety hazard.
Problems concerning lack of parking and delivery vans. Proposed that a meeting take place between Parish Council and residents of Churchside to discuss any issues.
Mowing of grass – complaint that cut grass is not being taken away.
Parish Plan
No feedback received from insert in newsletter.
Footpath Map
Mr Peter Smith, who had been invited to the meeting to put forward suggestions for a suitable footpath map for the village, presented a template for consideration which was well received. It was proposed by Cllr Whitehouse, seconded by Cllr Powell and agreed that this would go ahead, subject to costs. Mr Smith to research costing and report back to Parish Council. Thanks were given to Mr Smith for his contribution to the meeting.
Correspondence
Mr & Mrs Spalding’s letter was read out and the various concerns were discussed.
Matters regarding Churchside would be raised at the meeting to be arranged with residents.
Dog warden to be notified of the dogs which are let out to roam the village unattended.
JB Joyce re Church clock restoration – confirmation of acceptance of work.
LDC: Management of Commercial Obstructions on Public Highways – proposed code of practice for Lichfield district (information).
SCC: Update on the Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent Joint Waste Core Strategy.
South Staffs NHS – World Class Commissioning for South Staffordshire.
South Derbyshire Local Development Framework – consultation.
Newsletters: Staffordshire Parish Councils’ Association; Community Council of Staffordshire; Staffordshire Fire and Rescue.
Emails: County Councillor M Ellis: Quarry update – Bucks Head Farm and Fisherwick; Hopwas ‘disused’ quarry; Highways Forum at LDC offices on April 15th at 5:30PM – Chairman to attend. Noted that gang work was being done in the village. Village sign needs re-painting. SPCA: Sports funding for local authorities. Chairmanship training on April 23rd at Stafford, 7:00PM–9:00PM – open to all Councillors. Neighbourhood Watch re-launch – information read out.

Finance

Balance at bank £5,795.00 (Coventry BS £2,304.92).
The following payments were put forward for approval and it was proposed by Cllr Herring, seconded by Cllr Whitehouse and agreed that they be paid: 2009–2010 subscriptions to CPRE £20; CCS £20; SPCA £140; Josie Dale re Newsletter printing £22.50.

Planning

Application withdrawn: 08/01291/FUL – S L Dunn, Oak Tree House, Scotland Lane – demolition of existing house and erection of a new 5 bedroom dwelling with double garage
Plans received: 09/00110/FUL – S L Dunn, Oak Tree House, Scotland Lane – demolition of existing house and erection of a new 6 bedroom dwelling with double garage and new front boundary wall with railings and entrance gates – revised layout of proposed dwelling and omission of boundary wall
(No comments – advised to LDC)

Urgent Business at the Chairman’s Discretion

Railway – fence down by bridge and the other side is dilapidated – will be looked into. LPU and Network Rail to be contacted regarding the danger of parking so close to the bridge.
Litter on football field – letter to Edingale Parish Council.

Next meeting to be held in Harlaston Village Hall on Thursday May 21st 2009, following the Annual General Meeting of the Parish Council and the Annual Parish Meeting at 7:30PM.
There being no further business, the meeting closed at 9:02PM.