MINUTES OF THE ANNUAL PARISH MEETING OF HARLASTON HELD IN THE VILLAGE HALL ON THURSDAY 21st MAY 2009 AT 7.30pm
Present: Cllrs V E Tiso (in the Chair) P Timmis P Whitehouse R Powell
J Lamb A Herring Mrs V Turner
In attendance: Ms C A Gilbert (Clerk) Three residents
Apologies: County Cllr M Ellis District Cllrs R P Bennion
The Chairman opened the meeting by welcoming those present.
Minutes of the Annual Parish Meeting in 2008 were agreed and signed.
· Precept for the year 2009/10 set at £5,000
· Matters relating to the dangerous parking near the railway bridge is still ongoing.
· Signs at Haselour Lane re tractors have been erected.
· Drains in Manor Lane have now been done.
· It is hoped that the problem of excessive flooding at the Winterdyne Lane junction has now been solved as work has been carried out by SCC Highways to clear the drains.
· Wind farm – although not in Harlaston parish, we have been involved in the consultation and will continue to be.
· Play area – in the process of repairing equipment and continuing with the ongoing maintenance.
· St Matthew’s Church Clock – fundraising by the Church took place to cover the costs of refurbishment but this was not carried out satisfactorily so the clock has been taken away again and should be put back up soon.
· A map of footpaths in the parish has been put up.
· Unfortunately, a representative from the policing unit was unable to attend the meeting tonight due to staff shortages, but should anything arise during this meeting then it can be passed on to them.
Finally, I would like to thank all my fellow Councillors and the Clerk for their help and support in carrying out the general and ongoing work of the Parish Council during the year and also to Keith Johnson for undertaking the internal audit of the Parish Council.
Matters Arising on the Chairman’s Report
Accounts for the year ended 31st March 2008
The Annual Return for the year ended 31st March 2008 had been certified by the External Auditor and a copy made available for inspection.
Any Other Parish Matters
There being no further business, the meeting closed at 7.40pm.
Welcome to Harlaston >