MINUTES OF A MEETING OF HARLASTON PARISH COUNCIL HELD IN THE VILLAGE HALL ON THURSDAY 1st APRIL 2010 AT 7.30pm

posted 2 Jun 2010, 14:12 by Dawn Grove   [ updated 2 Jun 2010, 14:24 ]

Minutes of Meeting of Harlaston Parish Council Held in the Village Hall on Thursday 1st April 2010

Present:                       Cllrs V E Tiso (Chairman)  P Timmis  (Vice-Chairman)

R Powell   J Lamb   Mrs V Turner   A Herring

 

In attendance:              Ms C A Gilbert (Clerk)  Two residents

                                     

Apologies:                    Cllr P Whitehouse 

 

Declarations of Interest  None.

 

Open Forum

·        Side gate at Village Hall not open in the evenings and people have to walk on muddy grass and road to main gates – advise that request be made to Village Hall Committee.

·        Health and Safety issue concerning steps at side of Village Hall and ramp would be better – light on Village Hall not working properly – advise report to Village Hall Committee

·        Flooding in road just before the bridge at Holloway – caused by drainage of fields and debris blocking drain.  Flooding at start of S bend on road Wigginton Fields and Manor Farm – contact Wigginton and Hopwas Parish Council.  Both issues to be reported to CLARENCE.

 

Minutes of Meetings

Meeting held on 14th January 2010 – previously circulated minutes approved.  Proposed by Cllr Herring,

            seconded by Cllr Lamb and agreed that they be signed by the Chairman.

Meeting held on 11th March 2010 – previously circulated minutes approved.  Proposed by Cllr Timmis,

            seconded by Cllr Herring and agreed that they be signed by the Chairman.

 

Matters Arising

Railway fencing has now been completed on both sides.

Play area – damage to multi-frame in process of being repaired.

BT – email received from BT regarding the adoption scheme for the telephone kiosk in the village. This kiosk

            has a preservation order and it’s upkeep is BT’s responsibility.  The Parish Council confirms that it is

unwilling to commit to the long-term maintenance of the kiosk for the £1 purchase cost.  The kiosk is

in a bad state of repair and should be refurbished by BT. Clerk to contact conservation officer at LDC.

BKV –  notice given of a children’s poster competition, run by CCS, with two categories: 5-7 year olds and

8-11 year olds.  After discussion, it was proposed by Cllr Timmis, seconded by Cllr Mrs Turner and

agreed that the posters produced by children in the village would be judged by the Parish Council and

the winners of each category to receive a £10 voucher, with a small prize for all other entries.  The

winning entries would then be submitted to the CCS children’s poster competition.

 

Agenda Items

Prowind – Cllr Timmis reported that Prowind had suffered a set back in the proposals and would not be

submitting a planning application yet.

Road surface outside Village Hall has been marked out for repair but work still to be done.

Grass cutting – information awaited from SCC regarding the grass cutting of verges to be taken over by the

            Parish Council.

Salt boxes – awaiting reply from SCC.

Flagpole – discussion regarding the siting of the flagpole.  Suggested sites:  within the Church boundary –

            possible complications with permission from faculty and conditions;  sites on private property –

            rejected;  on grass verge, near Harlaston sign, on approach to village from Tamworth – possible

target for vandalism and need to check for permission from SCC Highways;  outside Church boundary - need to check for permission from SCC Highways.  Clerk to contact County Cllr Ellis for advice on siting problems.

White posts at Churchside – since damaged posts replaced, two more now broken.  Delivery vehicles have

            problems when cars are parked in Churchside.  After discussion, it was proposed by Cllr Timmis,

            seconded by Cllr Mrs Turner and agreed to replace broken posts with granite stones.

Dog-fouling notices – the Chairman informed that notices would be put up in the village.

 

Correspondence

Quotes, per cut every two weeks for season, for grass mowing of roadside verge:  B & N Garden Maintenance

- £37.00; Daisy Chain Gardening Services - £44.00.  Awaiting response from SCC Highways

regarding any grant available for taking over this work.  Annual cost not budgeted for in this financial year.  After discussion and a majority vote, it was proposed by Cllr Herring, seconded by Cllr Mrs Turner and agreed that this grass cutting would be left for the current year but, if necessary, would be included in budget for next year.

Village Hall Management Committee regarding the state of road outside Village Hall and public footpath

            leading to Village Hall.  Clerk to contact SCC Highways.

Clifton Campville with Thorpe Constantine Parish Council – a copy of their letter sent to Prowind. 

CCS re Parish Plan questionnaire for completion.

CPRE Annual Report 2010.

LDC re Local Development Framework – ‘call for sites’ suggestion form, previously forwarded to Councillors

            via email/post.  Appropriate land sites discussed and it was proposed by Cllr Timmis, seconded by

            Cllr Herring and agreed that the Parish Council respond to the ‘call for sites' with the proposal that

            two redundant sites in Harlaston, Grove’s off Main Road and Rowe’s in Manor Lane, be considered

            within the LDF, if adopted within the village boundary.  Individuals to respond also.    

SCC – funding opportunities for ‘grassroots’ support for vulnerable people. 

NALC – legal briefing re specialist planning law advice and representation.  Clerk to contact SPCA for

            confirmation of the legal advice available to members should it be needed with regard to the windfarm

            planning proposals.

Public transport – email from County Cllr Matthew Ellis – request for information and suggestions for

            improved services prior to 16th April in preparation for next LRE Highways forum, date to be advised.

South Derbyshire – Core Strategy

St Giles’ Hospice Service of Thanksgiving to be held at Lichfield Cathedral on 2nd May at 3.30pm.

 

Finance

Balance at Bank/BS - £7,660.94  (Playground Fund £1,867.73)

NatWest banking issues: following the Extra-ordinary meeting of the Parish Council held on 11th March 2010

            and the letter sent to the Bank regarding the transfer of funds between accounts by the Clerk, the

            Chairman advised that the matter had now been resolved.

Payment made since last meeting: St Giles’ Hospice - £300.  Letter of thanks received.

It was proposed, seconded and agreed that the following payments be approved:  Smith of Derby Ltd. re

            annual service charge of St Matthew’s Church clock - £178 + vat;  Community Council of

            Staffordshire annual subscription - £22;  Campaign to Protect Rural England – £20;  Staffordshire

            Parish Councils’ Association annual subscription - £144

Audit Commission have informed that the due date for Annual Return this year will be 1st June. 

 

Planning

Plans viewed and considered:

10/00337/FUL – Craig Morris, The Old Rectory, Churchside – single and two storey extensions and

            alterations to form orangery, kitchen, breakfast area, WC, boot room, utility, 3 garages and two

            bedrooms with ensuite – no objections to be notified to LDC

10/00339/COU – Mark David Simcox, Coppinshill Barn, Haselour Lane – change of use of land to horse-

            grazing and erection of stable block comprising 5 stables, tack room and foaling box – no objections

            and comment on burning of horse manure to be notified to LDC

 

Urgent Business at the Chairman’s Discretion

None.

 

Next Meeting to be held in the Village Hall on Thursday 27th May 2010 following the Annual Parish Meeting

            at 7.30pm and the Annual General Meeting of the Parish Council.

 

There being no further business, the meeting closed at 9.55pm.