MINUTES OF A MEETING OF HARLASTON PARISH COUNCIL HELD IN THE VILLAGE HALL ON THURSDAY 16th SEPTEMBER 2010 AT 7.30pm

posted 8 Dec 2010, 15:17 by Dawn Grove
  

 

Present:                       Cllrs V E Tiso (Chairman)  P Timmis  (Vice-Chairman)  R Powell  

 

In attendance:              Ms C A Gilbert (Clerk)  Four residents

                                     

Apologies:                    Cllr P Whitehouse  Mrs V Turner   J Lamb   A Herring  

 

Declarations of Interest  None.

 

Open Forum

·        Complaint regarding a number of incidents caused by loose dogs in village.  Police and dog warden are aware of this matter.  Notice in newsletter for residents to contact Parish Council of any problems.

·        Drain cover, located in the area of The Holloway, still proud.  Council to investigate.

·        Manhole covers in Haselour Lane are missing.  Reported to Highways.

·        Footpath adjacent to Oak Tree House – block step is missing at the exit onto Main Road: to be reported to Countryside and Rights of Way team at Stafford.

·        Rubble on verge outside Oak Tree House: has now been moved.

 

Minutes of Meetings

Minutes of the Meeting held on 29th July 2010, previously circulated, were approved and it was proposed

            by Cllr Powell, seconded by Cllr Timmis and agreed that they be signed.

 

Matters Arising on the Minutes

Holloway – permission to access land has been received in writing from the landowner.  Resident who

            raised this issue to be advised.  Volunteers for project to be sourced - notice in newsletter for

            anyone interested to contact Parish Council.

Flagpole – siting of flagpole in Church grounds: Secretary of PCC has written to Lichfield District

            Council to find out whether planning permission is needed as the Diocese need formal

            confirmation before making a decision.  Nothing further to report to date.

BT telephone booth – still awaiting response from BT regarding refurbishment.   Copy request to

            Lichfield District Council conservation team for their advice.

 

Agenda Items

Prowind application for wind farm:  

            No decision imminent and no date fixed for hearing.  Christopher Pincher MP has written to the

            Chairman of Prowind and to the Chairman of Lichfield District Council planning department.

            No response to email sent to District Cllr Perkins.  Email to be re-sent with request for a reply.

Playground:

            Vandalised items have been made safe or removed from site.

Footpath at Churchside:

            The footpath on roadside between Church Farm and the Church is not suitable for wheelchair

            access due to the gradient from kerb to properties.

 

Correspondence

Reply from Roger Mercer confirming permission to keep the Holloway tidy

LDC Rural Masterplanning project consultation – questionnaires. Information to be put in Newsletter.

SCC request for information on flooding in parish.  Notice to be put in Newsletter

SPFA Annual Report and Accounts for 2009/10 + invitation to AGM on 20th October at Stafford

CCS Annual Report and Accounts for 2009/10 + invitation to AGM on 23rd September at Stafford

SPCA – AGM on Saturday 13th November at County Buildings, Stafford from 10am to 3.30pm

St Giles – request for funding.  Parish Council already makes regular donation.

Milestone Society – regarding missing milestones in the parish. Cllr Tiso had investigated and replied.

 

 

Finance

Balance at Bank/BS - £10,270.44  (Playground Fund £2,352.76)

Annual Return for year ended 31st March 2010 approved and external auditor’s certificate signed.

It was proposed by Cllr Timmis, seconded by Cllr Powell and agreed that the following payments be approved:  

SPFA sub. 2010/11 - £15

Audit Fee - £141

J C Dale re newsletter £15

            B & N Garden Maintenance – August x 3 cuts £249

           

Planning

Plans received:

  10/01167/FUL – M D Simcox, Coppinshill Barn, Haselour Lane – extension to existing stables

            comprising 4 stables tack room and foaling box – no comments

 

Urgent Business at the Chairman’s Discretion

Village signs at both ends of the village are in a poor state of repair.  Clerk to send in a request for new

            ‘Harlaston’ signs.

 

Next Meeting to be held in the Village Hall on Thursday 25th November 2010 following the Open Forum  at 7.30pm.

 

There being no further business, the meeting closed at 8.55pm.